1-8 March, 2020
Savour the tastes and sensual pleasure of ancient and modern Andalucia on a journey linking three vibrant cities, each with a very different story.
We start in the city where Picasso was born. Malaga, an exciting cultural reference point since its recent reinvention with a vibrant foodie scene to go with it.
We climb up into the hills of Malaga to understand this region’s Premium wine and its winemakers, visiting the likes of heroic viticultor, Lauren Rosillo at Sedella and Friedric Schatz, the Swiss former flower seller, one of the champions responsible for the Sierra de Malaga’s comeback in producing premium non-fortified wines. Beyond the famous Andalusian white villages, we travel to the southern tip of Spain where the Atlantic meets the Mediterranean to Western Europe’s oldest city, Cadiz. The gateway to the Americas when Columbus set sail and returned with new riches for the palate. We savour all its culinary heritage, fresh fish, fortified wines and everything in between. Long lunches, lazy dinners and engaging local flavour – its people and its cuisine. On to Seville for our last night Michelin star extravaganza and raise a glass to this land of contrasting cultural heritage.
1-8 March, 2020
- Visit to the Picasso Museum in Malaga
- Tapas like a local in Malaga
- Lunch and tasting at Finca el Rosalejo, Summer home to the Duke and Duchess of Ahumada
- Taster menu at the Casino de Cádiz
- A tour of Cádiz and its seafaring legacy
- Visit to Sanlucar de Barrameda
- Seville behind-the-scenes tour
- Michelin star dinner at Seville’s Abantal restaurant
Sedella, Bentomiz, Friedrich Schatz, Cortijo de los Aguilares, Gutiérrez Colosía, Bodegas Hidalgo la Gitana
Single Supplement $600
What's Included & Extensions
- 2 nights at the Vincci Posada del Patio, Málaga
- 1 night at the Parador Hotel, Ronda
- 3 nights at Cuatro Torres Hotel, Cádiz
- 1 night at the Hotel Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza, Seville
- Private transport by luxury coach
- Tour manager
- Breakfast daily; 6 lunches/ 7 dinners
- Visits and activities as specified
(per person sharing)
- Euro Price
- GBP Price
If you would like to pay in full please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions
Spain has always had a strong attraction for Joanna. While she was studying in Andalusia, she was drawn to flamenco and this in turn led her to explore the Spanish way of life. After working in television in the U.K., she travelled extensively for two years’ in Asia and Latin America where she always sought the hidden treasures.