3-10 October, 2021
This is a new trip, taking in the wines, food, history and culture of one of the earliest and most advanced civilisations on Earth. From Athens, the birthplace of democracy, over the Gulf of Corinth and through the Peloponnese, this trip takes in a huge spectrum of Greek life.
Get used to new varietals like Roditis, Moscofilero, Malagousia, Mavrodaphne, Assyrtiko and Agiorgitiko. These local wines are astonishing, interesting and novel. Sometimes blended with international varietals like Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon they are often better when left to express their native terroir. But that’s for you to decide on your own Greek Odyssey.
As well as some of the some of the country’s best wine regions there are great historical sites to savour as well. We visit Mycenae and Epidaurus, famed throughout the world since ancient times.
3-10 October, 2021
- Visits and long lunches at the best wineries in Nemea, Mantinia and Patras
- Guided visits to the ancient sites at Mycenae and Epidaurus
- Michelin star dinner in Athens
- Spectacular train ride in Kalavrita
- 4WD through the vineyards in Arcadia
- Wine tasting in Athens best wine bar
Achai Clauss, Skouras, Palivos, Semeli, Tselepos, Tetramythos
Single Supplement $750
What's Included & Extensions
- 2 nights NJV Plaza, Athens
- 2 Byzantino Hotel, Patras
- 3 nights 3Sixty/ Castellano hotel, Nafplion
- Private transport by luxury coach
- Tour manager
- Breakfast daily; 6 lunches/ 4 dinners
- Visits and activities as specified
(per person sharing)
- Euro Price
- GBP Price
If you would like to pay in full please email us at: email@example.com for further instructions
Business Development Manager and Tour Host
Simon has a lifelong passion for wine and travel, stemming from a visit to the Barossa Valley when he lived and worked in Australia as a teenager. Since then he has visited most of the top wine regions of the world. He studied at Queen’s University Belfast and had a career in IT and professional rugby management before joining Iberian Wine Tours. After successfully completing the Level 3 WSET Advanced Certificate in Wines and Spirits he has worked closely with Jeremy Shaw in overseeing the growth of the company.